1. Key details
This policy describes how Charles Warner Ltd collects, protects and uses the information that you give us whether via our website, verbally or in writing.
We gather and use certain information about individuals so that we can provide information about products and services, and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to help us understand how visitors use this website and to present relevant information to them.
3. The data we gather
If you consent, we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact details including email address
- Website usage data
- Information relevant to credit applications or payment details
- Other information relevant to cutomer enquiries
4. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand how to respond to your enquiry, and deliver products and services to meet your requirements.
We may use the data:
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer or prospective customer
- To process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To communicate with you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- For record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting
- To contact you by email, mail, telephone or SMS about products, services, market research, surveys and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To investigate any complaint you make
- To provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- To obtain credit references, credit checks, and for debt collection purposes
- To resolve complaints, improve our service standards and for staff training purposes.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by phone and post provided this is in accordance with any marketing preferences that you have given us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our products and services by email or SMS where you have consented to this, or where you have not objected to this and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were previously provided by us.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you chose not to consent, your visit to and use of our website will not be affected.
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time by contacting:
By mail: Charles Warner Ltd, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln, LN2 4LD
By email: email@example.com
6. Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information for example how many people use our website, and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our website traffic. Usage data helps us improve our website design, content and functions
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find interesting and relevant.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you choose to share with us.
7. Controlling cookies
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
8. Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to choose if you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
We may use your data in the course of conducting a business relationship with you, and collecting payments.
It may be necessary to share your information with a legitimate third party in the course of a business relationship, for example a bank, finance provider or payment processor. A list of third party service providers is available on request.
Otherwise, we will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We follow procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
10. Legal basis for processing
The legal bases we rely on to process your personal information are as follows:
- Where you have provided your consent for direct marketing communications, including in respect of marketing via electronic means such as email and SMS
- For the performance of a contract with you (such as the provision of goods and services) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract.
- To comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety and environmental legislation, money laundering, complaints and investigations or litigation.
- For our legitimate interests in:
- Management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you, operating our website.
- Sending direct marketing in respect of our own products and services where you have not provided your consent and the marketing communication is sent by non-electronic means (eg post or telephone) processing orders and supplying our products and services and our internal business processes which may include processing for the purposes of record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, recruitment and training and protecting our rights, property and safety. You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time by contacting us.
11. How long do we keep your personal information
- We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods we take into account factors including:
- Legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time
- Statutes of limitations under applicable law(s)
- Disputes or potential disputes
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
- Otherwise we securely destroy or erase your information once this is no longer needed
12. Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites other than our own website. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
13. Your rights
The following section explains your rights. These rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
- The right to be informed You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used. This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection law. We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights.
- The right to rectification You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete. (eg if we have the wrong name for you).
- The right to erasure This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, (eg where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim).
- The right to restrict processing You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organisations. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and theirs (or directly to yourself) safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent which is being processed by automated means.
- The right to object You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
14. Updating this policy
15. How to contact us:
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us by email or write to the address below.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, please contact us by email or write to the address below.
If you wish to contact us about the manner in which your data is handled, your personal preferences, your rights over your personal information, please contact us by email or write to the address below.
By mail: Charles Warner Ltd, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln, LN2 4LD
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org